For the posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak in various government departments and ministries, the Staff Selection Commission would conduct its Junior Hindi Translator examination (SSC –JHT) on 15 June, 2017. The candidates who are eligible and interested enough to apply for the posts need to register themselves before 05thMay 2017 and the last date for the payment of offline challan is 8thMay 2017. The examination would be taken as an All India Open Competitive examination for which both men and women can apply. The candidates, who are willing to apply for the posts in offer, must undergo the official website of SSC to find the official notification. In the notification all the required details are mentioned, following which the candidates would be able to clear their doubts and complete the registration process for the examination.
Facts about SSC JHT Recruitment
- Many candidates feel that the recruitment would be made for one particular office, which is not the case. The recruitment for Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak is made for various government offices and ministries of central government.
- The posts under the examination is classified as Group B ‘non-gazetted’ under the following pay band with their respective posts. i. Junior Translator (Group-B Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of level-6 i.e. Rs.35,400-1,12,400 under central secretariat language service, ministry of railways, armed forces headquarters and other government's subordinate offices. ii. Senior Translator (Group-B Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of level-7 i.e. Rs.44,900-1,42,400 under all central/governmental/ departmental offices. iii. Hindi Pradhyapak (Group-B Non-Gazetted) in the pay scale of level-8 i.e. Rs.47,600-1,51,100; in Central Hindi Training Institute (D/o Official Language) located all over India.
- The candidates must not be older than 30 years of age, in order to apply for the posts. The age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates are there as per the central government rules.
- Candidates having a Master’s Degree in English with Hindi as one of the compulsory elective subject in degree level or vice versa along with a Diploma or Certificate course in translation or two years relevant working experience can apply for the Junior Translator and Junior Hindi Translator post. For Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak post, the candidates must have three years of relevant working experience.
- The written examination would be of 400 marks in total, containing two papers, namely Paper I and Paper II. Paper I would be an objective type paper carrying 200 marks. The candidates would have to solve questions from General Hindi and English in this paper. In Paper II, the candidates would be asked conventional type questions on translations and essay. The paper would be of 200 marks. The total duration of the both examination would be 4 hours. There would be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong evaluation of question.
- The examination of paper-I would be online while the candidates would have to answer with their own hands in the examination centre for paper-II. They should not carry any electronic gadgets inside the examination centre and should avoid guesswork while answering.
- The final selection of the candidates would be made based on their performance in both paper I and paper II. Depending upon the position in the merit list the candidates would be shifted to various departments under the government.
- The candidates, while applying online for the examination must remain ready with their scanned passport size photograph and digital signature in prescribed size, to upload the same while registering.
- The candidates would be able to apply for the examination only through the official website www.ssconline.nic.in until 5thMay 2017.
- After completing the application form and paying the application fee, the applicants are advised take printout of the same for future reference.
The candidates interested to apply for the posts must undergo the official notification for further information regarding the requirements of the job position. Due to the huge number of candidates expected to apply for the posts, the websites are expected to get slow or crashed. The candidates must keep their patience and re-submit the application form to complete the registration process before the last date.
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat