Railway recruitment cell, South Western Railway, Hubli issued notification for recruitment of 790 Group ‘D’ staff (Trackmen, Hamal, Khalasis, Safaiwalas and Asstt.Pointsman) in Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- .
Name and Number of Posts:
1 Trackman 425
2 Helper/TMO 107
3 Helper/Mech. (C&W) 100
4 Helper/Elec/AC 70
5 Porter/Hamal/Sweeper-cum-Porter/Optg. 67
6 Safaiwala/Medi 21
Closing Date: 28.09.2012 (17.00 Hrs),
13.10.2012 (17.00 Hrs) (For residents of Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep islands)
Pay Scale: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with GP Rs. 1800/- (pay band I)
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10th standard or ITI or equivalent from a recognized educational institution or Board. Those appearing or awaiting results are not eligible.
Age Limit: Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: 33 years (as on 25.08.2012)
How to Apply
• To download the notification, application form and the format of SC/ST and OBC certificates and other declarations format, click here
• Examination fee of Rs.40/- has to be paid via crossed IPO only drawn in favour of “FA&CAO/SWR/HUBLI” and payable at HUBLI. IPOs issued before the date of issue of Employment Notice ( 25 August 2012) will not be accepted, and such applications will be rejected and amount forfeited.
• SC/ST, Persons With Disabilities (PWD), women, minority candidates (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [Parsis]) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes (with family income < Rs.50,000/- p.a.) need not pay this fee.
• Application, in prescribed format, can be sent by ordinary post to the “Assistant Personnel Officer(Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, DRM Office Compound, South Western Railway, Hubli 580020” or dropped into the Application Drop Box available at the office by 28/09/2012.
• Envelope containing the application should be super scribed: “Application for erstwhile Group ‘D’ post – South Western Railway”.
Mode Of Selection:
The recruitment procedure consists of Written Examination (WE) followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Document Verification (DV) & Medical Examination (ME).
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions will be called for WE. Those who qualify WE will be called for a PET. The number of candidates to be called for PET will be four times the number of vacancies. Passing the PET is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. Only those candidates who qualify in the PET will be called for DV as per merit. PWD candidates are exempted from appearing for PET
For other details visit the official website of South Western Railway