Best MBA Colleges in South India
MBA has become the most sought-after course in the recent years in India. Due to the increasing need of skilled and talented managers felt by different industries, many management universities have come up in the various parts of the country. Managers are always required irrespective of the industry; be it hospitality, automobile, insurance or even IT. Though there is a plethora of options available for the aspirants, choosing the best MBA college is crucial for making a successful career.
Today, MBA aspirants have access to some of the best MBA universities of the world in India. India is now known for its world-class management institutes that impart quality managerial education. Various magazines such as Outlook, Business India, Business Today and India Today provide rankings to different MBA colleges according to a set of criteria. They look at the kind of education provided, the facilities provided to students, the faculty available and the placement statistics. This makes it easy for the aspirants to choose the best for themselves. Here is a list of top MBA colleges in South India.
- IIM Bangalore – Started in 1973, its popularity has soared and it has always been among the best MBA colleges in India in International as well as domestic rankings. Since its first day, it focuses on quality education in all its programs and along with that it emphasizes on research in areas like insurance sector, IT and Software. IIM Bangalore is also known for providing some of the top-notch facilities to its students. Here, the students get 24-hour Internet access, intercom facility and other such basic facilities, which give them time to concentrate more on their education.
- Indian School of Business (Hyderabad) – Founded by some of the most eminent entrepreneurs and business leaders, the ISB in Hyderabad remains one of the top MBA colleges in India. It is associated with world’s leading business institutes including the Wharton School, London Business School and Kellogg School of Management. Here the students get a chance to experience ‘international’ faculty in its literal sense because this institute provides lecturers from across the world. With the help of their exchange program, students can also avail the opportunity to study for one to two terms at one of the institutes they are associated to.
- IBS (ICFAI Business School) Hyderabad – IBS Hyderabad is known for its reputed faculty members, exceptional intellectual resources and outstanding infrastructure. It is a constituent of the ICFAI Business School. This institute is famous for encouraging its students to pursue co-curricular activities along with their studies. The facilities provided at the institute include full time Internet access besides others. Moreover, the library at IBS boasts of more than 55, 000 books and 400 CD-ROMs.
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode – The IIMs have been among the best MBA colleges, no matter which region of the country you talk about. IIM Kozhikode is located in the beautiful city of Kerala. Also known for its stunning backwaters, Kerala has the largest number of educated people in India. IIM Kozhikode offers two-year post graduate management program, management development program, doctoral programs and executive programs in distance learning. The students completing MBA courses from IIM Kozhikode get on-campus placements in reputed companies.
- BIM Tiruchirapalli – Situated in Tamil Nadu, Bharathidasan Institute of Management Tiruchirapalli was established in 1984 in partnership with Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited. This institute boasts of students from diverse educational backgrounds. The MBA courses are provided in different fields including Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management. It has a state-of-the-art infrastructure and caters to the basic necessities of the students.