General Knowledge (GK) Quiz: Indian Parliament Question and Answers consist of 10 set of questions which are created while keeping in mind the relevance of the subject and its importance for an examination point of view. These questions help the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc. It will concretise the reading experience of aspirants who are aspiring for cracking different competitive exams.
1. The Council of States in India is generally known as:
A. Lok Sabha
B Rajya Sabha
D. Adhoc Committee
2. The Lok Sabha is also known as:
A. Council of States
B. The Upper House
C. The House of the People
3. The maximum strength (number of members) of the Rajya Sabha :
4. In the Rajya Sabha & Lok Sabha, the President can nominate how many members respectively?
A. 6, 3
B. 8, 2
C. 10, 3
D. 12, 2
5. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha ?
A. President of India
B. Vice President of India
C. Prime Minister of India
D. Chosen from the members of the Rajya Sabha
6. What is the tenure of the elected members of Rajya Sabha?
A. 2 years
B. 4 Years
C. 6 Years
D. 8 Years
7. Which Article is related to the Money Bill and where it can be introduced?
A. Article 110, Rajya Sabha
B. Article 110, Lok Sabha
C. Article 121, Rajya Sabha
D. Article 121, Lok Sabha
8. Which of the following is not an eligibility criteria to become a member of Lok Sabha?
A. Age 25 years or over
B. Mentally sound
C. Candidate should not hold office of profit.
D. Must be from Arts field.
9. What is the maximum strength (number of members) of the Lok Sabha envisaged by the Constitution?
10. The Presiding Chairman of the Lok Sabha is:
B. Elected from Rajya Sabha members
C. Elected from the Lok Sabha members
D. None of the above