Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mohali (erstwhile CEDTI) was established in May 1989, as a Scientific Society of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Government of India. It invites application from eligible male and female candidates for recruitment as Sub Inspector..
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
- Sub Inspector (Male): 120 vacancies (Gen 76, SC/ ST 29, BC 14, FF 1)
- Sub Inspector (Female): 30 vacancies (Gen 19, SC/ ST 8, BC 14, FF 3)
- Opening date for online application: 1 August 2011
- Last date for receipt of application: 16 August 2011 till 6 pm
- Fee confirmation can be checked by: 20 August 2011 onwards
- Applicants can make changes in the document from: 17 August 2011 to 20 August 2011
Educational Qualifications: The minimum educational qualification for recruitment is Graduation as on 1 January 2011 or its equivalent from a recognized university. It is compulsory for each candidate to have passed matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory/ elective subjects passed at the level of Matriculation from a recognized Education Board/ University.
Age Limit: Between 18 years and 25 years of age as on 1 January 2011
Pay Scale: Pay Band of Rs 10300- 34800 + Grade Pay of Rs 3600 (as per new pay scales of Punjab Government)
Application Fee: Application fee for General Category candidates is Rs 500 and fee for SC/ ST is Rs 300. Candidates need to make a DD in favour of in favour of Chairman, Recruitment Board for Sub Inspector (District Cadre), payable at Chandigarh.
Selection Procedure: The selection process for the post of sub inspector is as follows.
- Physical Measurement
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Test (100 marks) based on topics viz. general awareness on current national and international issues (terrorism/ naxalism in Indian sub-continent), including knowledge about India, and Punjab in particular, general science, information technology and its applications, numerical aptitude, test of reasoning & comprehension etc. Minimum of 45% marks are required to qualify this examination.
- Interview (15 marks)
- Merit List
How to Apply
- Click at the link "Recruitment of Sub Inspector in Punjab Police District Cadre through the link http://recruitment.cdacmohali.in/.
- The candidate must take printout (2 copies) of the filled form after the registration number is generated and shall send one copy of the form bearing the registration number with self attested photograph along with the original demand draft at following address:
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC),
A-34, Industrial Area,
Phase 8, Mohali.
- Only Online forms will be entertained. The registration number generated in the form should be written at the back of the demand draft along with the name of the candidate. Please do not send any other document except the demand draft along with the application.
For any clarification regarding the online filling of the form, the candidate can call at CDAC Mohali help-line number 0172-2237052-53 on all working days from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, please CLICK HERE