Assam University, a central University came into existence in 1994 is one of the premier universities of the North East region. It invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for the recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in two subjects.
Number of vacancies
Assistant Professor (Fine Arts)
Assistant Professor (Social Works)
- Last date to issue application forms: 30 January 2013
- Deadline for receipt of duly filled application forms: 15 February 2013
- Applicants should possess good academic record with minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
- In addition, the aspirants must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates possessing Ph D in accordance with the UGC (Minimum standard and procedure for Award of Ph D degree) Regulation 2009 do not require being NET/SLET/SET qualified.
Besides, a professional artist with outstanding professional achievement in the concerned subject and having following qualification and experience can also apply for the post of Assistant Professor (Fine Arts).
- Diploma in Visual (Fine) arts discipline with at least 60% marks from the recognized institution of India/Abroad;
- Five years of experience of holding regular regional/National exhibitions/Workshops with evidence
- Capable of explaining the logical reasoning of the subject concerned and adequate understanding to teach theory with illustrations in that discipline.
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria will be called for an interview by the University.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- The cost of application form is Rs 400 for General and OBC candidates while SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from the payment. They just need to pay Rs 50 towards postal expenses for the application form.
- Candidates who download the form from the website will have to pay Rs 450.
- The fee must be paid through Demand Draft only drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Assam University, Silchar payable at UCO Bank, Silchar (Branch Code 2005) or State Bank of India, Silchar (Branch Code 7061).
How to Apply
- Candidates who wish to apply can download the form from the website of the University www.aus.ac.in or obtain it from the office of the University.
- Applicants will be required to enclose the duly filled in application form and requisite amount of DD in an envelope super scribed with “Post applied for” and send it to the following address
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building
Candidates who have applied for the posts in response to the Employment Notification No. 6/2012 dated 10 October 2012 need not to apply again. However, they can update their CV.
For further details, please visit www.aus.ac.in
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat