Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU), Kota is the premier institution for open learning in Rajasthan and was established in 1987 with the name Kota Open University. VMOU invited applications from eligible aspirants for the recruitment to the 2 posts of Assistant Professors in different subjects.
- Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
- Subjectwise number of vacancies: 1 each in Public Administration and Education
- Pay Scale: Rs 15600-39100 + AGP Rs 6000
Deadline to submit duly filled application forms: 15 March 2013
- Intended candidates should possess good academic record with minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade) at Post Graduation level in relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
- In addition to this, the applicants must have qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) held by UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/SET.
- Aspirants possessing Ph D degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum standard and procedure for Award of Ph D degree) Regulation 2009 do not require qualifying NET/SLET/SET.
The selection of the eligible applicants will be based on the below mentioned criteria:
The application fee is Rs 1000 for General and OBC candidates. However, the fee for SC/ ST/ PWD applicants is Rs 500. The fee should be deposited to the University’s Account Number 08952010000020 (Oriental Bank of Commerce, VMOU branch) IFC Code ORBC0100895.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can download the application form from the website of the University
- Candidates should fill the form and pay the prescribed application fee.
- Besides application form, the aspirants are required to fill the API Score Performa uploaded on the University’s website.
- Applicants must enclose the filled- in API Score Performa and the photocopies of following documents with the application form:
(a) Certificate in support of Date of Birth and Place of Birth
(b) Documents related to qualifications
(c) Experience Certificate (if any)
(d) List of Papers/ Books/ Thesis published (if applicable)
(e) SC/ST/OBC/ PWD certificate (if applicable)
(f) Necessary documents in support of teaching
- Applicants must send the application form along with the enclosures to the undersigned by speed post/ registered post on or before the deadline:
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
To seek more details, please visit the official website of the University http://www.vmou.ac.in/
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat