Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway invited application for recruitment to 3840 Various Posts 2013. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 23 September 2013. The Central Railway is one of the largest of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It covers a large part of the state of Maharashtra and small part of Southern Madhya Pradesh and North-Eastern Karnataka. Its headquarters is in Mumbai at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus). It includes the first passenger railway line in India, which opened from Bombay to Thane on 16 April 1853.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 23 September 2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for Far Flung Areas: 8 October 2013
Name of Post:
- Trackman in Engineering: 1565 Posts
- Safaiwala/ Watchmen Cum Sweeper in Medical/ S&T: 161 Posts
- Safaiwala in Communication: 36 Posts
- Safaiwala in Mechanical: 60 Posts
- Peon/ Hamal in General/ Commercial/ Accounts Etc: 15 Posts
- Helper in Mech. W/shop & Engg. W/shop Elect. W/shop: 624 Posts
- Helper in S&T/Mech./ Elect./Engg./ DSL: 969 Posts
- Bearer/ WRA in Commercial: 15 Posts
- Luggage Porter/ Scale Porter/ Goods Hamal in Commercial: 9 Posts
10. Salesman in Comml./ Catering: 3 Posts
11. APM in Operating: 383 Posts
Total no. of Posts: 3840
- Candidate should have 18 years and not below 33 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years.
- And for OBC candidates is 3 year.
- Age relaxation will be extended as per govt norms.
Candidate should be Matriculation passed or ITI or equivalent or above.
- Unreserved and OBC candidate need to pay application fee of Rs.100/- payable in a form of crossed Demand Draft from State Bank of India or from any other Nationalized Bank or crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Mumbai.
- SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Women /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application form, as given in the notification.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates, two self addressed envelope with postage stamp on each envelop and with super scribed on the top "Application for recruitment to the post in Pay Band-1 Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800 against employment notification no.03/2013".
- Application form should reach to the Assistant Personnel Officer, Railway Recruitment Cell, Central Railway, Chief Project Manager(Conv.)s office building, 1st floor, ,P.D’Mello Road, Wadi Bunder, Mumbai-400 010 before 23 September 2013.
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat