The quizzes of the week will revolve around the recent world happenings. All these quizzes are formed on the basis of the international happenings and include a data or report as per its occurrence. After solving the quizzes that follows, you will be able to know about the bill that was subjected to Veto by the White House, the country that ordered first Chemical Castration on the rapist, the crucial number of Jewish population and more. Just solve these and enhance judge yourself and your preparation.
1. India and Pakistan exchanged their nuclear units’ lists on 1 January 2013, as it is customary. This process of exchanging the list of the nuclear units of both the countries has been into process since when?
a) 1 January 1992
b) 1 January 1991
c) 1 January 1988
d) 1 January 2001
Answer. (a) 1 January 1992
2. Which of the following statements related to the exchange of the list of Nuclear Units between India and Pakistan as a part of its customary?
i. The list which contains the names of nuclear units of two countries, are exchanged between India and Pakistan as a custom and part of an agreement which prevents them from aiming the nuclear installations of each others’ nations
ii. This is a customary action as a part of Agreement on Prohibition of Attacks against Nuclear Installations and Facilities which was signed in December 1988.
iii. Diplomatic channels doesn’t intervene in the process of exchange of the lists between the two countries
iv. In 2011, the exchange of the list was delayed by 10 days and the exchange was successfully completed on 10 January 2011
a) All the statements are true
b) Statements i and ii are true
c) Statements i and iv are true
d) None of the above mentioned statements are true
Answer. (b) Statements i and ii are true
3. Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) in the last week of December 2012 revealed that the Jewish population of Israel passed the crucial mark for first time. What is the declared limit of crucial mark by the bureau?
a) 12 million
b) 4 million
c) 14 million
d) 6 million
Answer. (d) 6 million
4. Name the first Asian country to Order Chemical Castration of Child Rapist?
a) South Korea
b) North Korea
Answer. (a) South Korea
5. US President Barack Obama on 3 January 2013 signed into law an annual Policy Bills, authorizing 633 billion dollars to be spent for 2013. The bill was earlier threatened by the White House to be exercised as a Veto. Name the Bill?
a) Annual Defence Policy Bill
b) Annual Employment Bill
c) Infrastructure Development Bill
d) Education Bill
Answer. (a) Annual Defence Policy Bill