Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of Rs.1,88,131 crores. The company secured 267th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2011-12.
Towards fulfilling its Mission- to be a fully integrated company in the hydrocarbons sector of exploration and production, refining and marketing, HPCL invited applications from Engineering Graduates for joining its marketing division. Interested candidates are required to appear for GATE 2013, for their respective discipline.
Sr.No Discipline Prescribed full time degrees in Engineering Corresponding GATE-2013 paper
1. Mechanical Mechanical, Mechanical & Production Mechanical Engineering
2. Civil Civil Civil Engineering
3. Electrical Electrical, Electrical & Electronics Electrical Engineering
4. Electronics & Telecommunication Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication. Electronics & Communication Engineering
5. Instrumentation Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics. Instrumentation Engineering
Selection Procedure: On the basis of marks obtained in GATE-2013, candidates would be shortlisted for Group Discussion/Group Task and/or Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
(NOTE: Only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2012 or prior to that is not valid.)
Education Qualification: A valid GATE-2013 score card.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology in the mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities/ Institutes with minimum 60% marks for General and OBC-NC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
(Candidates in final year of their engineering can apply. However, if selected, they will have to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2013.)
Age Limit: Maximum 25 years (as on 30th June 2013) for General category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC -NC/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Processing Fee: General & OBC-NC candidates are required to pay Rs.200 + applicable Bank charges as processing fee (non-refundable). SC/ST & PWD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
a. Commencement of online application for GATE-2013: 1 September 2012*
b. Last date of online application for GATE-2013: 30 September 2012*
c. Commencement of online Registration of application by candidates for HPCL: 24 December 2012
d. Last date for online registration of application by candidates for HPCL: 14 Feb 2013
e. GATE-2013 Online Examination: 20 Jan 2013*
f. GATE-2013 Offline Examination: 10 Feb 2013*
*As Per detail mentioned on GATE-2013 website.
During training period of 6 months, selected candidates will be entitled for a consolidated Stipend of Rs.33,000/- per month.
On completion of training, the candidates will be on Probation for a further period of 6 months. At this level, they will be in the Salary Scale of Rs.24900-50500.
On final absorption, besides Basic Pay, the employee is entitled to allowances at 50% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, DA, HRA, Contributory PF, Gratuity, and Superannuation Benefits as per Corporation’s policy. Upon confirmation, the CTC would be approx. Rs.8.50 lakhs per annum (CTC is for candidates posted in metro cities and may vary for other locations. It includes deferred payments like post-Retirement Benefits ). In addition, Performance Related Pay is also paid as per company’s policy.
How to Apply:
• Register for GATE-2013 examination.
For detailed information about GATE-2013, log on to www.gate.iitb.ac.in or visit websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
• After receipt of GATE-2013 Registration number, candidates can apply to Hindustan Petroleum on-line. The relevant link will be made available from 24th December 2012 at the ‘Careers Opportunities’ link of Hindustan Petroleum website www.hindustanpetroleum.com .
For detailed notification, click here