Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites application from eligible candidates for All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Undergraduate Programmes 2013 for 100% seats at ICAR-Deemed-to-be-Universities (Bachelor degree at NDRI, Karnal only for the academic session 2013-14. Bachelor Degree programmes (BSc Ag./BTech /BFSc etc.) are available in the subjects of Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Home Science, Sericulture, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Science, Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation (This examination does not include admission to Bachelor degree programmes in Veterinary Sciences).
- Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Form closes: 15 February 2013
- Request for Information Bulletin/Application Form via post ends: 10 February 2013
- Deadline to submit application form (offline and online): 15 February 2013
- Last Date to submit application form (offline and online from remote areas): 22 February 2013
- Date of Examination: 20 April 2013 (10 am to 12:30 pm)
- Applicants belonging to General, UPS and OBC categories should have cleared and scored at least 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST/ PH candidates) in aggregate in 10 + 2 or equivalent/Inter (Agriculture), with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PCA/ PCH subject combinations.
- Aspirants having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will be eligible only with the proof of having cleared the examination with the required percentage.
- Candidate appearing for 10+2 examination may also apply on the condition of providing 10+2 pass certificate with requisite marks at the time of counseling.
Besides this, Pass in English in 10 + 2 is also essential criteria in some of the universities.
Age Limit as on (31 August 2013): Minimum 17 years; Maximum 23 years
Award of Scholarship
Candidates who are selected through AIEEA-UG-2013 examination and henceforth join an Agricultural University situated outside their state of domicile will be awarded with National Talent Scholarship (NTS).
Scheme of Examination
The examination will be conducted through single paper in objective mode (each mojor subject group) with 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The question paper will comprise questions in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Agriculture) for “STREAM–A” and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for “STREAM–B”. There is a provision of negative making too.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- Aspirants can get forms by cash payment of Rs 500+ Rs 25 (as handling charges) for General, OBC and UPS candidates; Rs 250 + Rs 25 for SC, ST and PH candidates (as handling charges). It can be obtained from Registrars of Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank and also from eight ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft on or before the prescribed date.
- Information Bulletin with Application Form may also be obtained by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft and also an unstamped self addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm) to the Controller of examination of ICAR. However, Rs 50 per Bulletin must be added in the Bank Draft amount towards postal expenses, if solicited to be sent by post from COE (Edn). The demand draft should be in the name of “ICAR Unit-Education Division, ICAR, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
- Information bulletin and application forms can also be downloaded from the website of ICAR www.icar.org.in. In such case, the applicants will have to submit the filled in application form with the requisite amount of DD.
How to Apply
Completely filled application form must reach at Controller of Examinations (Education), ICAR, Room No 216, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012
For more details, please visit http://icarexam.net/
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat