Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), an advanced research institute established by the reserve bank of India, has invited applications for admission to its M.Sc and M.Phil/Ph.D programmes for the academic session 2014-15.
1. Name of Course: M.Sc. (Economics)
Course duration: 2 year programme
2. Name of Course: M.Phil./Ph.D. (Development Studies)
Stipend: M.Phil./Ph.D. students receive a monthly stipend of Rs.17,000/- in the first 2 years. Those students, who fulfill the terms and conditions for Ph.D. registration, would receive a monthly stipend of Rs.26,000/- after Ph. D. registration in the third year.
Selection Procedure: Through performance in Online test and an interview.
Note: The Online test will be separate for M.Sc. and M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates.
Note: Reservation Rules Apply
Online Test Syllabus: The Online test for both M.Sc. and M.Phil./Ph.D. will emphasize general
aptitude, analytical ability and mathematical skills at appropriate levels. In addition, M.Sc students will have the option of answering a section either on Economics or Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
1. Through Person/Post: Application forms and prospectus may be obtained in person from the
Institute Students’ Office on a working day (Monday to Friday, 9.15 a.m. to 5.45 p.m.) by
paying the application fee.
Alternatively, a request may be sent by post to the Student Office mentioning the candidate's name, date of birth, gender, address, academic qualifications and choice of test centre. The application fee must accompany such request.
The application fee of Rs.500/- (non-refundable) must be paid by Demand Draft favouring Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) payable at Mumbai and can be sent by post to the Students Office, IGIDR, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg, Santosh Nagar, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400 065 (E-mail: email@example.com). Payment in any other form will not be accepted.
2. Internet Download: Application form can also be downloaded directly from the IGIDR website (www.igidr.ac.in), filled and sent back with the requisite application fee by Demand Draft as mentioned above.
3. Online: Candidates can fill the application form online available at www.igidr.ac.in. The online application fee is Rs. 300/- only.
For Prospectus and other details, please visit: