Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2012 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. President Pratibha Patil on 18 April 2012 released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the birth centenary of President R. Venkataraman at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. Which of the following facts about the former president is not true?
1. R. Venkataraman was the 10th president of India
2. He held office from 25 July 1987 to 25 July 1992
3. had the unique distinction of having worked with four Prime Ministers namely- V. P Singh, Chandrashekhar and P. V Narasimha Rao and Rajiv Gandhi
4. R. Venkataraman had played a significant role in the industrialisation of Tamil Nadu. An outstanding administrator, he was also known as the father of industrialisation
a. Only 3
b. 2 & 3
c. 3 & 4
d. Only 1
2. Which ministry in its meeting on 17 April 2012, decided to set up three new committees to accelerate procurements and border infrastructure projects?
a. Defence Ministry
b. Railways Ministry
c. Commerce Ministry
d. Home Ministry
3. Veteran litterateur, freedom fighter and former Minister Nityananda Mohapatra died on 17 April 2012. Which of the following facts about him are not true?
1. Post independence was elected thrice as MLA from Bhadrak, twice as Congress candidate and once on Janata Dal ticket.
2. He rose to literary prominence as editor of Odia magazine Dagara
3. Mohapatra was the recipient of Kendriya Sahitya Academy and Odisha Sahitya Academy awards
4. He wrote the famous flag-song for the Orissa unit of the CPI Ei lal patakara tale.
5. His famous books include Bhangahada, Gharadiha, Nahonm Tistami Baikunthe, Kalagara Dharagara and Priya O Priyatama
a. Only 4
b. Only 2
c. Only 1
d. Only 3
4. Name the Italian tourist who was released by the Maoists in Orissa on 12 April 2012 ?
a. Bosusco Paolo
b. Joel Melchiori
c. Giacomo Sanfelice
d. None of the above
5. Identify the person, with whom the following statements are attached.
1. He was born on February 7, 1948 in Letpadan, Burma
2. He was re-elected general secretary of the CPI(M) at the 20th party congress
3. He was elected to the Central Committee of the CPI (M) in 1985
4. He became a member of the Politburo in 1992
a. Sitaram Yechury
b. AB Bardhan
c. Prakash Karat
d. D Raja
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .