Indian Air Force invites application from Unmarried Outstanding male sportsmen (only male Indian citizens) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y' Trades.
Name of the Post: Airmen (Group ‘Y' Trades)
Last date for receipt of application: 20 October 2011
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with science, Arts or Commerce subject or equivalent vocational courses. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU) only are eligible (10th pass qualification for player who has represented India at International level)
Sports Discipline: Athletics, Archery, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Best Physique, Cricket, Cycling, Cross-Country, Cycle Polo, Shooting, Football, Gymnastics, Golf, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Squash Racket, Volleyball, Weight Lifting and Wrestling.
Age limit: Born between 28 January 1990 and 28 June 1994 (both dates inclusive)
Candidate should have achieved the following in any of the above sports discipline:
- Represented the country in Junior International meet(s) in any of the above sports discipline.
- Attained up to fifth place in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in individual above sports discipline.
- In team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship or National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federation of India (SGFI) in above sports discipline.
- Preference will be given to medal winners in all the above three categories.
Pay: During training, a stipend of Rs 5,700 per month will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay will be Rs 12,000 per month (approximately) which, in subsequent year, may rise upto Rs 24,500 per month (approximately) as per sixth pay commission depending upon the rank attained.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of following selection procedure.
- a) Selection Trials and Written Test
- b) Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- c) Interview
- d) Medical Examination
How to Apply
Apply on plain A4 size paper only with the following set of documents to be sent along with the application.
- a) 3 copies of unattested recent (taken on or after 16 July 2011) passport size Colour Photograph (front portrait without headgear except for Sikhs), ONE of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form.
- b) The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his name, date of birth and date of photograph clearly written on it with white Chalk in capital letters.
- c) Attested copies of Matriculation Certificate in support of Date of Birth. Attested copies of Marks Sheet & Certificates of Educational Qualification i.e. intermediate or 10+2 (in single copy) along with attested copies of Sports achievements certificates. Candidates who have appeared for qualifying examination in 2010 can send ‘E-Marks Sheet'.
- d) One unstamped self addressed 24 cm x 10 cm WHITE ENVELOPE of good quality, stapled/pinned with the application form.
- e) The envelope containing the application form should be marked on top as Outstanding Sportsmen for Group 'Y' Trades Sports Discipline applied for _________
- f) It should be addressed to:
AIR FORCE SPORTS CONTROL BOARD
C/O 412 AIR FORCE STATION,
RACE COURSE, NEW DELHI - 110003
For more details, please Click Here
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat