Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union Ministry of Defence, invites application from male Indian nationals for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) and Navik (Domestic Branch).
Name of the Post
• Navik (General Duty)
• Navik (Domestic Branch)
• Last date for receipt of application: 9 January 2012
• Last date for receipt of application (from remote areas): 16 January 2012
• Training for Navik (General Duty) will commence from : August 2012 at INS Chilka
• Training for Navik (Domestic Branch) will commence from : October 2012
• Navik (General Duty) : 10+2/equivalent examination with 60% marks in aggregate with Maths and Physics as subjects and at least one of these subjects: Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from an education board recognised by Central/ State Government.
• Navik (Domestic Branch) : 10th class pass with 50% marks in aggregate from an education board recognised by Central/State Government
• Navik (General Duty) : Candidate should have been born between 1 August 1990 and 31 July 1994 (including both dates)
• Navik (Domestic Branch) : Candidate should have been born between 1 October 1990 and 30 September 1994 (including both dates)
Pay and Perquisites
• Navik (General Duty) : Pay Scale Rs 5200- 20200 along with Rs 2000 Grade Pay
• Navik (Domestic Branch): Pay Scale Rs 5200- 20200 along with Rs 1900 Grade Pay
In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances are given as approved by Govt.
Selection Procedure: Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in the Medical Examinations. Candidates clearing the written and PFT will appear for interview.
Training: The basic training for Navik (General duty) will commence in Aug 2012 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Training for Navik (DB) will commence in Oct 2012. Branch/ trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training.
How to Apply: The eligible candidates may send their application in format available on
• The application is to be submitted on plain paper in the form appended below (type written in English/ Hindi) and is to be sent to the address of Zonal recruitment centres.
• The Domicile State, type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of 10th marks for Navik (DB) and 12th for Navik (GD) board examination is to be clearly written on the top of the envelope.
• Attested copies (not returnable) of certificates as proof of age, educational qualifications including statement of marks, caste certificate (SC, ST, OBC as per Govt. of India format), NCC, Sports and a self-addressed (unstamped) envelope of size 22x10 cms are to be attached with the application. All enclosures must be pinned/ tagged with the application.
• Request for change of examination centre/date will not be entertained.
• Use of Mobile phones will not be permitted during examination.
• Character certificate (issued six months prior to exam/interview).
• Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02/03 days at test centers under own arrangements. No daily allowance will be admissible.
• Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application.
Note: Applications are to be addressed to the respective Zonal recruitment centres at the Post Boxes given on the website. Candidates are to choose two centres for examination and mention the centre on the envelope. However, due to administrative reasons, Coast Guard may allot any suitable centre. Further, Coast Guard will not be responsible for any postal delay/ loss of any documents during transit.
For further details, please