The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is all set to hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test on 23rd December 2012 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET .
The UGC Net Exam is a National Level competitive Exam for Post Graduate Candidates who wish to pursue PHD programmes and Teaching Jobs at University Level in different colleges and Universities. This examination is conducted twice an year and successful candidates in the exam are eligible to apply for PHD Degree / JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and Lecturer Jobs in colleges and Universities.
• Date for the Joint CSIR-UGC Test: 23 December 2012
• Last date of the submission of online applications: 19 September 2012
• A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the OMR Application Form.
• CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF’ or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion . (If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only).
• BS-4 years program/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/MSc or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).
• BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply.
Subjects of the Test
1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences
6. Engineering Science
• For JRF (NET):Maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2012 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants).
• For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
For more information regarding the same, CLICK HERE
More to Read Latest Current Affairs Click Here