With IBPS PO Examination 2014 knocking at the doors, RBI has also invited applicants to apply for 506 posts of RBI Office Assistants. The applicants have to go through online examination and interview to finally get selected for the post. The tentative date for the online examination according to the RBI official website is set to be the last week of September. Those candidates who have applied for the examination are advised to take their preparations seriously from now on, as the competition for the examination is expected to be quite tough with huge number of people taking the examination this year.
There are few tips and strategies that can help the candidates to score well in the examination and make their chances prosper to crack the written examination.
- Know your subject well: While you are up for the written examination and are gearing to prepare for it, you must have a clear idea about the subject matter. There are five papers in the test in which there would be 200 objective type questions. To solve these questions carrying 200 marks, the candidates would get 120 minutes. The subjects would be I) Reasoning, II) English Language, III) Numerical Ability, IV) General Awareness and V) Computer Knowledge.
- Find out your difficult areas: You need to practice a lot to get successful. Constant practice would let you understand your weakness among the subjects. All you need to score well is to give more time and effort to the subject you think you are weak in.
- Get Aware with the Online Exam Pattern: Many of the candidates, even those who have earlier given banking exams, might find this year’s RBI Office Assistant examination difficult as this year the pattern of the examination has got changed from offline to Online. There are many candidates who are not well versed with computers, which might cause a hindrance to them while giving the examination. To solve it, all you need to do is to practice. You can easily get mock test papers and exam sets which could give you the feel of real-time online examination. Most of these test papers are available online as well.
- Go through Time Management Tests: If you are willing to take the examination and score well, the most important thing would be to manage your time. You would get less than a minute’s time to solve a question and you need to be very precise while answering. Hence, you need to have a strong grip in whatever questions you are planning to attempt. You might not achieve finesse in your initial attempts, but success would follow on regular attempts. You need to have a clock ticking always beside you while you are preparing for the examination.
- Become a good reader: To beat the heat, you need to be in the right spot. The general awareness paper along with the English Language paper, demands you to become an avid reader. The more you practice reading, the more it would help you in solving the questions giving you proper ideas and solutions. The reading habit should be developed and after selection of contents the candidate must go through all of it thoroughly. Reading regular English newspapers, journals, web magazines, blogs and news websites gives the candidate proper idea about the current affairs and help prepare them well in English language as well.
- Go for techniques and Strategies: Solving questions in Numerical Ability and Reasoning paper without prior preparation is quite a tough hill to break. You need to have proper tools to break through while solving the questions related with tricks and strategies. The straightforward way to thinking and answering these questions might lead you to time constraints and you might miss answers that you know but couldn’t attempt because of the lack of time. Go for techniques available in books, journals, blogs and many other sources that might help you crack the questions easily. You can take professional help for the same and enroll yourself to some institute providing banking examination training.
- Go sequentially and Keep an Eye on the progress: The Online Examination pattern this year has made it mandatory that the candidate can see one question at a time. The moment a candidate shifts from one question to the other there is a certain time-gap that occurs between the two questions. This time gets lost every time a candidate swift through questions. Hence, it is best to go sequentially to attend the questions. On the right hand side of the screen the candidates might get all the details of their progress with the questions. If someone wishes to leave a question and move to the next, he/she can always come back to the question later to solve the same. This might save enormous time of the candidates which could get used for tougher questions later.
- Go through previous year questions: The best guide for any examination could be following previous year questions that provide a clear idea about the kind of questions that might appear on the examination and its intensity. You can prepare yourself accordingly and try to solve the questions keeping an eye on the time. On successful completion you can get the much needed confidence boost required to get successful in any examination. On failure you can find the scope for improvement and enhance you skills by more and more practice.
- Keep your routine going: If you are to be successful, you need to be disciplined. For any successful glory there should be proper discipline and routine, without which anything could never get achieved. You should maintain your preparation hours in a day regularly and practice constantly to get through. Along with studies you should also invest your time to constantly reading new material available from any reliable sources.
- Keep your focus still: There might be situations when climbing the hill would seem to be impossible. You need to believe in yourself and keep your focus still, so that you never give up and stand against any difficulty that arises against you. The mantra to success is your durability in tough situations and how you face challenges.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Banking Group
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat