SBI PO 2017 Section Wise Strategy General Awareness
SBI PO 2017 notification is out and all of you are already warming up to the biggest banking recruitment exercise of the year for the largest commercial bank of the country. General Awareness is one section where you can score well with continuous reading and revision of the same. In this article, we shall focus on the general awareness sections in SBI PO 2017.
SBI PO 2017: GA Syllabus
In SBI PO, GA is of 40 marks and it will be there in the mains examination. It includes the followings:
- Current Affairs: In the GA section, current affairs will play a vital role in the main examination. You need to prepare the current affairs for the last 6 months in order to score well in this section.
- Static GK: This is another important part in the GA section since you need to study questions such as currency and capitals of countries, thermal power stations in India, national parks and sanctuaries in India, temples in India, stadiums in India etc. These are the questions that test your knowledge and retention capability.
- Economy and banking: The questions are mostly simple and straight-forward. You are required to know the basics of banking and a bit on Indian economy in order to the answers to the given questions. Go through any standard banking awareness books for bank examinations and also Indian Economy from the internet. It will serve the purpose.
SBI PO 2017: How to score well in GA
The only way to score well in GA section is to study first and revise a number of times before going for the actual examination. You need to focus on the following areas before going to the exam hall.
- Current Affairs should be read daily: This makes you feel interested in studying the other subjects as well. You should start your day with this and you will find it easy to concentrate on the other sections later. Study the last 6 months current affairs and revise them again and again.
- Static GK and Economy should be read regularly: You need to choose a standard book and start reading the chapters from that book for banking and economy. For static general knowledge, you can go for previous year papers and search the relevant information on the internet. You can note it down and revise at a later date.
- You need to revise as much as you can: This is the section where you are require to have very good retention capacity instead of practice. You need to keep a lot of information in mind for as long as you can. So, try to finish the first round of study as fast as you can and then go for revision before the actual examination.
General Awareness section does not require much time to attempt all the questions but in order to attempt them correctly, you need to have knowledge of the subject. In this regard, it is important to revise time and again for these two subjects. At the end, go for mock tests along with other sections to put your preparation to test. This is enough to take care of your marks in the mains examination at General Awareness and Computer Awareness sections.
All the best!!