SBI PO Exam 2017 Section Wise
SBI PO 2017 is going to be conducted in the month of April and May for the prelims examination whereas the mains and interview will be finished within the month of August. This is a dream job for all of you and you must be prepared to give your best in this test of your life.
SBI PO 2017: Data Analysis syllabus
Last year the quant and data interpretation part were a disaster for most of the candidates and out of 60, only 9 was the sectional cut off for the UR category which is the maximum sectional cut off. This year also it is expected that you will be made to work hard in order to secure good marks in this section. However, it is necessary to understand the level of questions that are asked in this section in SBI PO:
- Profit and Loss questions: An important part of the syllabus is the profit and loss chapter. You will surely get 1-2 questions in both the prelims examination as well as in the mains examination from this chapter. These questions are not difficult ones but most of the time they are very lengthy and calculative.
- Time and distance, time and work questions: You are going to be tested in these chapters surely again in both the phases of the examination. The questions are often tricky because of the vast nature of the syllabus in these areas.
- Mixture and allegation: The questions are not difficult but the calculations are lengthy. It makes you work a lot for that one or two marks each time. Sometimes, it is better to skip these questions if your concepts are not clear in this chapter.
- Simple and compound interest: Again a chapter that involves a lot of calculation but at the same time, you have a number of shortcut formulae to solve the questions. In order to solve quickly, you must have a good grip over the shortcut methods of calculation.
- Data Sufficiency: These questions are very much time consuming since most of the time you have to calculate both of the options to reach the conclusion. You need to understand which one to leave and which one to attempt in these questions.
- Data Analysis: The mains examination will be mainly based on Data analysis questions in which you will have pie chart, bar graph, missing data in a series etc. These are very much time- consuming ones and you should have good background practice in order to score well in the data analysis section in this examination.
- Quadratic Equation, Number Series, In-equality: These are the areas where you can score well in the quant section. You need to have good command over the various types of relationships between numbers in a number series or in the odd one out type questions etc. In quadratic equations as well, you should be very prompt. These are the areas where you can score well in SBI PO.
Quantitative Aptitude: How to master it?
In order to score well in the quant section of SBI PO, your focus should be on the following areas:
- Clear your basics in the beginning: This is the most important thing for all the sections. Unlike reasoning, there are a number of rules and theories in quant section and you need to remember all of them in order to score well.
- Practice from CAT books: SBI PO quant will be few notches lower than the CAT level and that is why your practicing of CAT books will give you an advantage over others in terms of preparedness and readiness of facing difficult and complicated questions. Take a standard CAT book in order to practice properly.
- Prepare yourself according to sectional timing: You will be allotted a particular timing during the mains examination for all the sections. You will not be allowed to attempt questions in this section once that is over. This makes it important for you to practice as many sectional tests as possible before you take the actual test.
- Full length mock tests should be taken at the end: Before the actual examination, you should go for full-length mock tests so that you can get to know your strength and weakness and can work on that. Take any standard test for this purpose and you will get to know the areas you need to work on again and again.
- Time limit for preparation: This month should be devoted to clearing the basics of various chapters in the syllabus whereas the next month should be for sectional tests as well as chapter-wise practice from various standard CAT books. The last months before the prelims should be devoted to full-length mock tests for both prelims and mains. Start preparing keeping in mind the mains examination.
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation are not very difficult sections but the problem lies in the time-consuming nature of the questions asked. You need to have good practice in order to solve questions without wasting much time in the examination. The main strategy is to clear the basics of various chapters in this month itself and start practicing for a minimum of 3 hours a day after this month. This will surely fetch you good marks in this section in the actual examination.
All the best!!
SBI PO 2017: Section Wise Strategy (Reasoning Ability)
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat