CBSE Class 12th Chapter, Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices And Simple Circuits carries 7 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- On the basis of band diagram, differentiate between conductors, insulators and semiconductors.
- On the basis of conductivity, explain conductors, insulators and semiconductors?
To get the CBSE class 12th GUESS PAPERS, Click Here
- How is LCD better than CRT?
a) Valence band
b) Conduction band
c) Energy gap
To get the CBSE class 12th PRACTICE PAPERS, Click Here
- Differentiate between intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductor.
- Carbon acts as insulator but Silicon and germanium act as intrinsic semiconductors.
To get the CBSE class 12th QUESTION PAPERS, Click Here
- Which of the following statement is correct?
- There are two kinds of dopants used in pentavalent semiconductors. Explain the result of doping with both kinds of elements? (very important)
To get the CBSE class 12th NCERT SOLUTIONS, Click Here
- How does the theory of majority carriers and minority carriers affect n-type and p-type semiconductors?
- Meaning of acceptor level and the donor level.
- Why is Tin a metal but not germanium and silicon?
- Process of p-n junction formation.
- At equilibrium, why is there no net flow of current in p-n junction? (very important)
To get the Study Material for this Chapter Click Here
- Explain the term barrier potential?
- P-n junction diode under forward and reverse bias condition.
- Labelled diagram of a half wave and full wave rectifier.
- Importance of centre-tap in full wave rectifier.
- Rectifier circuit partially acts as filters. Explain.
- Importance of capacitor and load resistor across the rectifier.
- Working principle of Zener diode. Its application as voltage regulator.(very important)
- What are opto-electronic devices? Explain:
b) Solar cell
- LEDs are biased for maximum efficiency. Why and how?
- Is sunlight the only source required for solar cells? (very important)
- Explain the structure and action of n-p-n and p-n-p transistors?
- Common emitter configuration and its input and output characteristics, diagrammatical explanation.
a) Input resistance
b) Output resistance
c) Current amplification factor
- At saturation state, resistance of the initial part of the characteristics in transistor is low. Why?
- Transistor as switch and amplifier. (very important)
- Importance of operating point in amplifier.
- Difference between an amplifier and an oscillator.
- Diagrammatic explanation of feedback amplifier and tuned oscillator.
- Why isn’t there any other condition other than ON and OFF in a logic circuit?
- Explain giving the symbol and truth table for following: (very important)
a) NOT Gate
b) NOR Gate
c) OR Gate
d) AND Gate
e) NAND Gate
- Difference between an IC and a transistor?
Visit CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………