Tata Institute of Fundamental Research invited application for Admissions for Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D as well as M.Sc. degree programmes 2014-2015. The candidates eligible can apply through prescribed format before 20 October 2013. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) was founded on 1 June 1945. It is a research institution in India dedicated to basic research in mathematics and the sciences. TIFR conducts research primarily in natural sciences, mathematics, biological sciences and theoretical computer science and is considered one of the outstanding research centres in India.
- Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms: 20 October 2013
- Date of Nationwide Entrance Examination: 8 December 2013
- Ph.D Mathematics
- Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D
- M.Sc, Science Education Programme in Ph.D
- Ph.D in Computer and system science
- Candidate should submit online applications at http://univ.tifr.res.in
- Only students from remote areas who have no access to internet may send their request for application form along with a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 20/-) envelope (size 25cm x 17cm) superscribed GS-2014 (Subject). All others should submit online applications only.
- Candidate should submit Rs 500/- for applications submitted online and Rs.550/-for applications sent manually by post. Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Payment can be made online by Credit/Debit cards OR by Demand Draft drawn on State Bank of India.
- For Biology and M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: DD to be drawn in favour of "National Centre for Biological Sciences", payable at Bengaluru.
- For all other subjects: DD to be drawn in favour of "Tata Institute of Fundamental Research", payable at Mumbai.
Candidate’s selection for admission to the courses will be made on the basis of candidates’ performance in the written test, followed by personal interview, to be conducted by the institute.
How to apply:
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the website.
- Completed application form in prescribed format with relevant copies of attested certificates along with a DD should reach to the concerned Department on or before 20 October 2013.
- For Biology and M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: Admissions Section, National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road. Bengaluru 560065. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 080-23666021 and Wildlife Biology & Conservation to email@example.com or call 080-23666414.
- For all other subjects: University Cell, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road. Colaba, Mumbai 40005. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat