Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai, is one of the leading institutes of the nation and was set up in 1936 with the name Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. The institute invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for admission to Integrated MPhil PhD and Direct PhD Programmes.
Name of Programme
- Direct PhD
- Integrated MPhil PhD
- Last date to receive completed application form: 30 March 2013
- List of eligible applicants releases on: 8 April 2013
- Date of Written Test (RAT) and Person Interview: 15 April to 17 April 2013
- Post Graduation degree or equivalent grade point in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks from recognized University/ institutes.
- Applicants must be UGC JRF qualified.
- Students in the final year post graduation in Social Sciences and allied fields are also eligible to apply.
- M Phil degree holders/ aspirants having industrial, academic and field base experience in Social Sciences, Social work and allied fields may also apply.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 1000 + Rs 20 and can be paid through one of the following modes:
- Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card
- Online Payment by Netbanking
- Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of statement of purpose/ research proposal and domain expertise available at the Schools / Centre. Shortlisted applicants will then be called for written examination (research Aptitude Test) and Personal Interview for the selection.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can apply through Offline or Online mode. In offline mode, candidates can attain information brochure along with application form from the Section officer of the institute in person or can send request to get it by post. Besides this, candidates can also download the form from the website of the institute
- In online mode, admission seekers should apply online at the official website of the university
- Offline application form (duly filled) along with requisite documents mentioned in the notification must reach to the following address within specified time span:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
V N Puran Marg
To seek more details, please visit the official website of the institute http://www.tiss.edu/