CBSE Class 12th Chapter, The p-Block Elements (Group 16) carries 08 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- Why is the oxygen family members are also known as chalcogens?
- Which is the smallest of all elements in the oxygen family and why?
- Why do group 15 elements have high ionization enthalpy than group 16 elements?
To Get the study material for this chapter, Click Here
- Which is the most metallic in the oxygen family and why?
- Why is the melting point of oxygen much lower than the sulphur as well as all the other family members?
- The +6 oxidation state and the +4 oxidation state decreases and increases respectively, as we go down the group. Explain? Also, explain the inert pair effect?
- Why can’t the oxygen attain a valence more than 4?
- Explain the acidic character in the oxygen family?
- Why is H2S a gas and H2O a liquid?
- How does oxygen have a unique magnetic nature?
To Get the Solved Question Papers, Click Here
- Differentiate between acidic, basic and amphoteric oxides?
- How could we obtain more than 10% concentration of ozone?
- Explain how high concentration of ozone can be explosive in nature?
- Show how ozone acts as an oxidizing agent?
- Draw the resonance structures of ozone?
- What happens above and below the transition temperature in a sulphur molecule?
- Sulphur is diamagnetic in nature. Which form sulphur is paramagnetic?
- Draw the resonance structure of SO2 molecule?
- List 2 uses of sulphur and ozone?
- How the presence of SO2 detected?
- Draw the structures:
b) Pyrosulphuric acid
c) Sulphurous acid
e) Peroxodisulphuric acid
f) Sulphuric acid
To Get the Guess papaers for First Term Examinations, Click Here
- Explain the Contact Process?
- What is the favorable condition for the maximum yield of sulphuric acid? What is the importance of oleum?
- How could we confirm that an acid is strong or weak?
- Show how sulphuric acid acts as a dehydrating agent?
- Give 2 uses of sulphuric acid?
- Why is not recommended to introduce water into sulphuric acid, but the vice-versa is preferred?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………