The Combined Written Examination (CWE) for recruitment to Clerical Cadre in Public Sector Banks will have Multiple Choice Objective Type questions. The examination will be conducted online by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). As the assessment will be done online, so, those appearing for the examination should take utmost care while indicating the answers.
The online examination will comprise of test of
(2) English Language
(3) Numerical Ability
(4) General Awareness with special reference to the Banking Industry
(5) Computer Knowledge
Since the questions will be of objective type, candidates are advised to read a particular question and immediately indicate their answer. In case they find a particular question difficult, they can skip the question and move on to the next question. The skipped question may be answered at the end, if time is available.
To be declared successful, candidates will have to secure a minimum standard score on each of the tests as well as
on the Total Weightage Score. They shall be required to qualify in each test as per cut-off marks determined on the basis of performance in each test. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apportion the time given judiciously and not to utilise too much time on a particular test(s) at the cost of some other tests.
Candidates should prepare for the online test in such a way that they are able to answer maximum questions correctly in minimum time possible. So, they should work on their speed also.
There is provision for negative marking in the objective tests. For each question for which a wrong answer is given, one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. Candidate should therefore be careful while marking answers.
Candidates are required to bring with them:
(i) Call letter with their recent passport size photograph affixed thereon.
(ii) Photo identity proof such as Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Voter’s Card / Bank passbook with
Photograph / Photo Identity Proof issued by a Gazetted Officer or People’s Representative along
with a photograph / Identity card issued by a recognised college / University / Aadhar card with
photograph / Employee ID in original along with its photocopy.
(iii) One ball point pen.
Candidates should not bring any calculator, separate or with watch, pagers, cellphones, books, slide rules, foot rules, note-books or written notes inside the examination hall.
Dos and Don’ts:
• Candidate should carefully note the Roll Number, Date of Exam., Time and Venue for the examination given in the call letter.
• Candidate should reach the examination hall before the time given in the call letter, as those arriving late will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall.
• Candidates are required to bring with them:
(i) One ball point pen and Call letter with their recent passport size photograph affixed thereon.
(ii) Photo identity proof such as Passport / PAN Card / Driving License / Voter’s Card / Bank passbook with Photograph / Photo Identity Proof issued by a Gazetted Officer or People’s Representative along with a photograph / Identity card issued by a recognised college / University / Aadhar card with photograph / Employee ID in original.
(iii)A photocopy of the photo identity proof, with their Roll No. and Registration No. written on it
• Candidates failing to bring these things / documents will not be permitted to appear for the examination.
• Candidates will be required to put their left thumb impression and sign in the respective spaces provided on the call letter in the presence of the invigilator in the examination hall and then hand over the call letter along with the photocopy of the photo identity proof to the invigilator.
• Candidates are required to comply with the Instructions given by test administrators and the invigilators at all the stages of the examination. In case a candidate is found violating the instructions he/she would be disqualified and asked to leave the examination hall.
• Use of Books, Notes and copying or receiving/giving Assistance is not allowed. Any candidate who is found either copying or receiving or giving assistance will be disqualified.
• Candidates should do all the necessary rough work on sheet provided and hand it over to the invigilator on completion of the test
• Candidates should not leave their seat / examination hall unless they are allowed.
The experts of jagran josh have prepared a PDF Package on IBPS Clerk Exam 2013 for the students to prepare well for IBPS CWE Clerk Exam 2012.