Common Management Admission test (CMAT) is conducted by AICTE twice in a year. AICTE concluded its second CMAT of 2012 in October. The next CMAT is scheduled from 21 to 25 February 2013. In this article, we will share the tips to crack the third section from CMAT which is Language Comprehension.
This section will have 25 questions in it. Language Comprehension requires strong hold on English language in totality. It is also termed as Verbal Ability in many MBA Entrance examinations.
Let us see what all topics are covered under this:
The Language Comprehension section can mainly be divided in two categories-
Vocabulary based: Better the vocabulary; more are the chances to crack the Language comprehension section since it helps in the overall performance. But there are direct questions in the exam which tests your vocabulary like Antonyms, Synonyms, and Multiple Usage words.
English Usage/Grammar based: This will cover more or less the whole section. It includes comprehension passages, sentence correction, sentence completion, fill in the blanks, idiom based questions, para-jumbles, odd one out etc.
Tips for better performance
1. Understanding the Concept: Before beginning the practice, aspirants should go through the concept. Thorough understanding of concept is very important. For instance, if one wants to solve questions on Parajumbles they should first understand what are parajumbles, what do they mean and then go for the question.
2. Formulas: There is no formula as such in language comprehension section but performance can be enhanced by continuous learning.
3. Practice: Logical Reasoning can be understood, solved and strengthened easily if one does a lot of practice. It is advisable to practice with sample papers, model papers and previous year papers. Click here to practice with CMAT Papers
4. Analysis: Analyze your strengths and weaknesses through practice papers. This will help in managing time in the main examination paper. For example if you are strong in Verbal Reasoning, solve them first.
6. Go through Expert Analysis: It is a wise step to go through the previous year paper analysis done by Experts so that you get a clear picture of the level of questions. It may happen that you take certain question as difficult but in reality it is moderate or easy, this clearly means that you need to work a little harder.
Aspirants should also Read