With the change in the pattern of question asked, candidates in addition to the conventional part of the subject should study the technology part of Science. New technologies like Bluetooth, WiFi, Washing Machine, LED and LCD Televisions must be given extra attention as they cover a significant portion of the Science question.
1. Satellites used for telecommunication relay are kept in a geostationary orbit. A satellite is said to be in such an orbit when:
1. The orbit is geosynchronous.
2. The orbit is circular.
3. The orbit lies in the plane of the Earth's equator.
4. The orbit is at an altitude of 22,236 km.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 3 and 4 only
(c) 2 and 4 Only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2. Microbial fuel cells are considered a source of sustainable energy.Why ?
1. They use living organisms as catalysts to generate electricity from certain substrates.
2. They use a variety of inorganic materials as substrates.
3. They can be installed in waste water treatment plants to cleanse water and produce electricity.
Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3