National Eligibility Test (NET) is an entry ticket to the highly respected teaching job in India. However, cracking these exams is considered to be one of the difficult tasks unless a candidate is really intelligent. This misconception can be resolved if the preparations are planned and well targeted. The motive of conducting this exam is to seek best candidates in the field of academics and research.
University Grant Commission (UGC) holds NET twice a year in the month of June and December. The exam will comprise of three papers to be held into two sessions. One of these papers will be a General Paper projected to test the teaching skills, communication, general awareness, reasoning process and research aptitude. jagranjosh.com has jot down some suggestions to help you know the successful ways to ace the Teaching and Research Aptitude paper (General Paper)
- Make a time schedule: Though dates for the examination are yet not declared still there are around three months to go. Plan out a proper time schedule – devoting appropriate time to prepare for each paper. As, there will be only one paper of General nature, so allocate slightly less time to this paper in comparison to subject-specific papers. However, make sure you don’t ignore the paper completely.
- Systematic Approach: A thorough study with respect to syllabus of General paper is the correct step to kick-start your preparation. Study the syllabus and mark the topics which requires more preparation time.
- Compile Brief Notes: While studying make brief notes of important figures, dates and other significant points covering the topic or chapters. It will help you in the last minute revision before the examination. On the day of examination, you shall not have time to revise the whole syllabus; just going through these notes will help you to recall all relevant points.
- Give Mock Test: The age old saying, ‘Practice maketh a man perfect’ is still relevant. One of the best ways to measure your test skills is by practicing previous years question banks, sample papers and mock tests. It will facilitate you to improve your speed in answering MCQs and help you to complete your paper in time.
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat