UGC NET examination will be held on 30 December 2012 in lieu of determining the eligibility of the candidates for lectureship and award of Junior Research Fellowship. The exam will be conducted in objective mode with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) into two sessions. There will be three papers, in which first paper is of general nature and the other two will be subject-specific.
60 questions will be set in the General Paper from which the candidates just need to answer 50 questions of his/ her choice and the questions shall be asked from the topics like Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Communication, Reasoning (including Numerical aptitude), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), People and Environment, and Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration.
jagranjosh.com has entailed certain suggestions to prepare for questions based on ICT topic of General Paper for UGC NET December 2012. Candidates must thoroughly study the below mentioned sub-topics to secure minimum qualifying marks in the examination:
- ICT-meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses: Aspiring candidates should be well versed with the meaning, benefits, de-merits and utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). They must have adequate knowledge of computers- hardware, software and software development. Besides, they must know about HTML, www, Space transportation, earth observation system, satellite data acquisition, processing and dissemination. The questions can be asked like advantages & disadvantages of MM authoring, merits & demerits of web etc
- General abbreviations and terminology: Candidates willing to enter in the profession of teaching or research must be aware of abbreviations and terminology related to ICT. Questions can be asked on full forms of www, HTML, FASAL, IRS, NRSA, ISRO, ISTRAC, NNRMS etc. Moreover, questions related to programming language, high level language, assembler, address bus can also be asked.
- Basics of internet and e-mailing: Aspirants should have the adequate knowledge of basics of internet and e-mailing. Usenet, FTP and Telnet are some of the topics which must be completely studied by the candidates. Some of the milestone should also be covered by the candidates as questions on these are mostly set in the paper. Some of the milestones include launch of INSAT-1 A in 1982, EDUSAT launched by India in 2004, IRS P3 launching year was 1996 etc
Candidates can easily get detailed information on such topics from the books available online and in the market. Aspirants should not forget to practice sample papers or previous years’ papers to become familiar with the exam pattern.
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat