Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Jobs Notification: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) invited applications for the post of Faculty. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 15 April 2017.
- Last Date of Application: 15 April 2017
- Presentation/interviews proposed: 10 May to 15 May 2017
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Vacancy Details
- Associate Professor: 01 Post
- Assistant Professor: 05 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Faculty Posts Job
- Associate Professor: Good academic record with a Ph. D. in Economics and active engagement in research with strong publications record. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- Assistant Professor: Good academic record with at least 55% of the marks or an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E and F at the Master’s Degree (or equivalent) level in Economics / Social Sciences/ Sociology / Political Science or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the Master’s level for the SC/ST/differently-abled category candidates, and to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have passed their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Associate Professor: A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph. D. research with consistent engagement in basic and applied research with strong publications record.
- Assistant Professor: Candidates are expected to have two years of teaching and research experience.
How to Apply for the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Faculty Posts Jobs 2017
Eligible candidates can apply online through the link www.tiss.edu on or before 15 April 2017.
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat