University Grants Commission (UGC) has notified for the National Eligibility Test for December 2013 session. Interested yet eligible candidates may apply online on or before 30 October 2013. They are advise to apply as soon as possible in order to avoid last days rush. The UGC NET December 2013 is scheduled to be conducted on 29 December 2013.
UGC conducts National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) twice a year, i.e. in the months of June and December to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Assistant Professor.
In an attempt to help the candidates in applying online, the team of Jagaranjosh.com has provided here with the detail of the Eligibility Conditions for UGC NET December 2013.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities including languages and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. For the candidate of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD), at least 50% marks in Post graduation degree or equivalent examinations are required.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Assistant Professor eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks, i.e., from 55% to 50% for appearing in NET.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. If PG subject is not enlisted in the UGC NET Subjects, candidates may appear in an allied subject.
UGC NET December 2013: Notification
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat