Union Public Service Commission invited application for Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2014. Eligible candidates have to send their online application in the prescribed format before 02 December 2013 till 11.59 PM. The examination will be conducted for filling 509 vacancies under Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Officers Training Academy.
- Opening Date for Online Registration: 02 November 2013
- Closing Date for Online Registration: 02 December 2013
- Date of Examination: 09 February 2014
Details of Examination
Name of Examination: UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I
Number of Vacancies: 509 Posts
- For IMA, the male candidates should not be born earlier than 2 January 1991 and not later than 1 January 1996 only.
- For Indian Naval Academy, the male candidates should not be born earlier than 2 January 1991 and not later than 1 January 1996 only.
- For Air Force Academy, the male candidates should not be born earlier than 2 January 1992 and not later than 1 January 1996 only.
- For Officers' Training Academy (SSC Course for Men), the male candidates should not be born earlier than 2 January 1990 and not later than 1 January 1996 only.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), the Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should not be born earlier than 2 January 1990 and not later than 1 January 1996 only.
- For IMA and Officer’s Academy: Degree from a recognized university/institute.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from recognized university/institute.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 Level) or Bachelor’s of Engineering.
The application fee is Rs 200 Only for General and OBC candidates while SC/ST/Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. The candidates can opt for net banking or by depositing the money in cash.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination followed by Interview/Personality Test.
How to Apply
Refer the below link or visit the official website of the commission for submitting online application form. Fill all the mandatory information in the given format and submit the form before 02 December 2013 till 11.59 PM.
CDS Question Papers CDS Exam QnA CDS Exam Preparation Tips
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat