Set up in 1943 and located in Bhubaneswar, Utkal University is amongst the 20 oldest Universities of the nation. It invited applications for entrance test for admission to Ph D programme in 48 disciplines.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Subject Offered: Analytical and Applied Economics/ Economics/ AIHCA/ Anthropology/ Ayurveda (Rasa Sastra, Shalya, Prasutitantra, Kaya Chikitsha)/ Anatomy and Physiology/ Dental Surgery/Medical Science/ Surgery/ Bio-Technology/ Botany/ Business Administration/ Chemistry/ Commerce/ Computer Science and Application/ Education/ English/ Environmental Science/ Engineering/ Fishery Science/ Geography/ Geology/ History/ Home Science/ Law/ Life Science/ Mathematics/ Microbiology/ Odia/ Pharmacy/ Philosophy/ Physics/ Physical Education/ PMIR/ Political Science/ Psychology/ Public Administration/ Sanskrit/ Sociology/ Social Work/ Statistics/ Women’s Studies/ Yogic Science/ Zoology/ Polymer Science/ Library Science/ Waste Water Management
- Last date for submission of application form: 25 January 2013
- Date of Entrance Test: 15 February 2013
- Admission seekers must possess Post Graduation degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks (50% in case of Sc/St candidates) from recognized University/ institutes.
- Aspirants who have qualified UGC-CSIR-NET/ GATE/ SLET/ DBT/ ICMR/ ICHR/ ICSSR/ INSPIRE Fellowship of DST/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship and awardees of Teacher Fellow and such other fellowship are exempted from entrance test and interview.
- Besides, candidates possessing M Phil degree are also exempted from entrance test and interview with the condition that they have been admitted to M Phil programme through a written entrance test
- Moreover, Internal scholar under exchange programme are also exempted from entrance examination and interview
The selection of the applicants will be based on their performance in the entrance examination followed by an interview (excluding exempted candidates).
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- The cost of application form for entrance test is Rs 200 and should be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of Comptroller of Finance, Utkal University payable at SBI, Utkal University campus branch, Vani Vihar.
- In addition to this, the aspirants (except the exempted candidates) will have to pay Rs 1000 in the form of DD drawn in the name of Head of the department in concerned subject/ Principal of the Nodal centres as the entrance test fee.
How to Apply
- Aspirants can download the application form from the website of the University
- Candidates will have to fill in the form and attach the required DDs (if applicable) with the form and send to the Heads of respective PG Teaching Departments so as to reach on or before the last date.
To obtain further details, please visit www.utkaluniversity.ac.in
- Citing safety concerns, non-Kashmiri students demand
- They are also calling for action against cops who lathicharged students
- NIT campus has been tense since students clashed over Indias T20 defeat