Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) invited application for Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (Gen. Rectt.) Examination-2013. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 25 April 2013.
UPPSC has followed the basic exam pattern of the UPSC Civil Services and has included aptitude papers in its preliminary examination. First exam on the said pattern was conducted on 10th June 2012 for the PCS 2012 examination. Although the syllabus of UPPSC and UPSC is almost similar, the major change that is evident from the below given syllabus is the inclusion of General Hindi upto Class X level in UPPCS EXAM.
Civil Services expert team at Jagranjosh.com, have come up with IAS Exam 2013 Preparatory PDF Package and Online Test Series for the students preparing for UPSC IAS (Civil Services) Exam and State Public service Commission Exams. Subject/topic wise PDf have been prepared after indepth analysis by our experts. These are focussed and exam oriented study material/test papers for IAS Prelims 2013 as well as UPPCS Prelims 2013.
Syllabus for the preliminary examination
PAPER –General Studies-I
(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and governance - Constitution, Political System. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
• Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
• General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization. .
• General Science
Paper-II General Studies-II
(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
•Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
•Decision making and problem solving.
•General mental ability
• Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra. Geometry and Statistics.
• General English upto class x level
• General Hindi upto Class X level.
Currents events of national and Interantaional Importance: On Current Events of National and International importance candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement:-In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography- Physical, Social, economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, social and Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati raj, Public Policy, Right Issues etc:-In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country's political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion Demographies, Social Sectors initiatives etc:-The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science :-Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note:- Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(1) Arithmetlc:- (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers. Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship
(ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time. (viii) Speed, Time and Distance .
(2) Algebra:- (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship. Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, Quadratic equations. (ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operation (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.