West Bengal Staff Selection Commission invited applications for recruitment to the post of Sub – Inspector in various Regional and District Offices of Government of West Bengal. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online/offline on or before 14 March 2014.
• Opening Date of Application Forms: 11 February 2014
• Closing Date of Application Forms: 14 March 2014
• Date of Admit cards to be dispatched by: 23 May 2014
• Date of Duplicate Admit Cards may be downloaded from website: 9 June 2014
• Date of Examination: 22 June 2014
• Time of publishing result of Written Test: August 2014
• Period of Personality Test: August - September 2014
• Time of publishing Final Result: October 2014
• Nomination to be completed by: November 2014
• Name of the Post: Sub – Inspector in the Sub-Ordinate Food & Supplies Service (Grade-III)
• Total No. of Vacancies: 1131
• Candidate’s age must be between 18-40 years as on 1 January 2014.
• Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
Madhyamik Examination passed from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent and ability to read, write and speak in Bengali / Nepali.
• General and OBC Category candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as Examination Fee and Rs.20/- as Processing Fee.
• SC/ ST and PH Candidates have to pay Rs.20/- as Processing Fee only.
Pay Scale: Rs.5400-25200/- + GP Rs.2600/-
Candidate will be selected on the basis of written test followed by Personality Test.
How to apply
• Candidates can apply through online or offline mode.
• Candidates can apply online through Commission’s website www.wbssc.gov.in by filling up their basic information including scanned photograph and signature.
• Candidates can also apply through 1800 Tathya Mitra Kendras set up by the Govt. of West Bengal up to the level of Gram Panchayats in the rural areas of West Bengal.
• Candidates may also apply through prescribed application format which can be downloaded from the website.
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with e-payment receipt, Self-attested photocopies of documents as proof of age, caste, academic qualifications etc. should be submitted to the Secretary cum Controller of Examinations, West Bengal Staff Selection Commission, Mayukh Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091 on or before 14 March 2014.
• Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.