20 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Sparrow Day 2017, Race Walk Championships in Japan and Su-30 MKI aircraft among others.
1. The first-ever fully made-in-India train was launched in which state?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
2. This state’s five-month-long economic blockade came to an end in third week of March 2017.
d) Jammu and Kashmir
3. Which of the following state/city lost its permanent voting status in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
4. Who was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh recently?
a) Siddharth Nath Singh
b) Shrikant Sharma
c) Yogi Adityanath
d) Rita Bahuguna Joshi
5. Chuck Berry, the guitarist and songwriter recognised as one of the fathers of rock 'n' roll, has died recently. He belonged to
a) The USA
b) The UK
6. It is with this country, India signed two agreements related to Su-30 MKI aircraft.
d) The USA
7. The Union Cabinet approved four GST related bill recently. Identify which of the following is not one of them.
a) The Central Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017
b) The Integrated Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017
c) The Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017
d) The States Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017
8. It is with this country, the India Army concluded the joint army exercise Al Nagah-II recently.
9. Dev Raj Sikka, who passed away on 18 March 2017, was world renowned for his research and study in which sector?
a) Space Science
b) Marine biology
c) Forensic science
10. Which day is celebrated on 20 March?
a) International Day of Refugees
b) World Laughter Day
c) World Disabled Day
d) International Day of Happiness
11. Name the telecom giant that announced that its board has approved the merger of Vodafone India and its wholly-owned subsidiary Vodafone Mobile Services Limited with itself.
a) Idea Cellular
b) Bharti Airtel
c) Reliance Jio
12. India and Pakistan are going to open talks on which raging issue?
a) JeM chief Masood Azhar
b) Border Issues
d) Indus Water Treaty
13. Name the Indian cricketer who in March 2017 came in news for facing most number of balls in a test-match.
a) Ajinkya Rahane
b) KL Rahul
c) Cheteshwar Pujara
d) Murali Vijay
14. World Sparrow Day 2017 was observed globally on
a) 18 March
b) 19 March
c) 20 March
d) 21 March
15. Name the Indian who won the bronze medal in Asian 20km Race Walk Championships in Japan in March 2017.
a) Khusbir Kaur
b) KT Irfan
c) Gurmeet Singh
d) Sandeep Kumar
1. (b) Maharashtra
2. (c) Manipur
3. (a) Mumbai
4. (c) Yogi Adityanath
5. (a) The USA
6. (a) Russia
7. (d) The States Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017
8. (a) Oman
9. (d) Meteorology
10. (d) International Day of Happiness
11. (a) Idea Cellular
12.(c) Indus Water Treaty
13. (c) Cheteshwar Pujara
14. (c) 20 March
15. (b) KT Irfan