Google Maps in July 2017 launched a new feature in its App for Android users where users can see a graph on the best time to travel.
• Presently available in the United States and Britain, the new travel time graph has bars for half an hour before and a few hours after the current time.
• There’s also a dotted line just above the bars with a time indicated.
• This will help users to know how to get somewhere or how long the trip should take along with green, yellow, or red highlights to indicate current traffic conditions.
• The new feature pops up when you input directions.
• The bar graph will also show an estimate of how long it would have taken a half hour earlier and how long it will take in the next few hours.
Recently, Google also launched a new home screen on Maps for Android, specifically designed for users in India. Now, when users open Google Maps app, they will instantly see a directions card with different modes of transportation.
If users like to access a certain route while on the go without using data, they can save the route to be used offline. Moreover, the home screen of the Maps also shows shortcuts that will help users to explore the app in just a few quick taps.