Top Picks : News Capsule , Current Affairs for SSC Exams , Exam Specific Current Affairs , Monthly Current Affairs 2017 , March 2017 Current Affairs , Person Appointed , Current Affairs for Bank Exams
Justice Navanithi Prasad Singh was on 20 March 2017 sworn in as the new Chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
The Governor of Kerala Justice (retd) P Sathasivam administered the oath of office to Justice Singh at a function held at the Raj Bhavan in Thiruvananthapuram.
Who is Justice Navanithi Prasad Singh?
• After doing schooling from Scindhia School in Gwalior, he did graduation and LL.B. from the Delhi University.
• He practiced in commercial, taxation and constitutional matters in Patna and Jharkhand High Courts.
• His private corporate clients include State Bank of India, Lalit Narain Mithila University and other statutory authorities.
• He was designated as a Senior Advocate on 11 December 2004 by the Patna high court. He was elevated as a Judge of the Patna High Court on 6 March 2006.
• Justice Navaniti Prasad Singh was born on 6 November 1955.
Related Constitutional Provisions
• Article 214 (High Courts for States): There shall be a High Court for each State.
• Article 216 (Constitution of High Courts): Every High Court shall consist of a Chief Justice and such other Judges as the President may from time to time deem it necessary to appoint.
• Article 217 (Appointment and conditions of the office of a Judge of a High Court): The Chief Justice of a High Court shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal after consultation with the Chief Justice of India and the Governor of the State.
When: 20 March 2017