The Ministry of Women and Child Development appointed Kushal Singh as the Chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR). She was selected by the Committee which was headed by Krishna Tirath, Minister of Women and Child Development.
About Kushal Singh
• Kushal Singh held various high level posts in the Central Government as well as the Government of Rajasthan.
• She was the Chief Secretary of the Government of Rajasthan.
• She also held the post of the Chairperson Board of Revenue, Rajasthan Pollution Control Board and the Commissioner for Disabled Persons, Government of Rajasthan.
• Kushal Singh was the Secretary Women and Child Development and Social Welfare, Principal Secretary for various ministries such as Social Welfare and Tribal Area Development, Environment and Social Security, Government of Rajasthan.
• She has also served as the Senior Directing Staff (Civil Services), National Defence College, Ministry of Defence.
• Apart from this, she has remained the Regional Cement Controller at Bombay for the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
Related Current Affairs: