In the Railway Budget 2011-12, Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee proposed the introduction of 56 new trains. The 56 new trains will include 3 new Shatabdis and 9 Duronto trains. The list of the new trains to be introduced is as follows:
• The Railway Budget 2011 proposed the introduction of 9 new Duronto trains.
• The budget proposed the inclusion of 3 new Shatabdi Express
• AC double-decker services are proposed to be introduced on the following routes- Jaipur- Delhi & Ahmedabad-Mumbai.
• To mark the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, mamata Banerjee proposed to introduce new trains called “Vivek Express”. The first four Vivek Express trains would be introduced in the following routes-
Dibrugarh- Thiruvanthapuram-Kanniyakumari Express (weekly)
Dwarka-Tuticorin Express (weekly)
Howrah-Mangalore Express (Weekly)
Bandra (T)- Jammu Tawi Express (Weekly)
• To celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, the budget introduced the following Kavi Guru Express trains:
Guwahati- Jaipur Express (weekly)
Howrah-Bolpur Express (daily)
Howrah-Porbander Express (weekly)
• The Railway Budget 2011 proposed to introduce a new set of trains, Rajya Rani Express trains to connect connecting state capitals with important cities/towns in those states.
• The budget proposed to launch special tourist trains called Janam Bhoomi Gaurav to connect historical and education places. The special tourist trains would run on four different routes.
• The budget proposed to introduce 56 new Express trains.
• The Railway Budget also proposed the introduction of 13 new passenger trains.
Related Current Affairs:
Latest Current Affairs