Science Current Affairs Quiz tests the aspirant’s knowledge of latest developments in the field of science, technology and environment. Number of questions is asked from this segment in the competitive exams. Science Current Affairs quiz for May 2013 will help you in the preparation for NDA, CDS, Bank PO, MBA, NABARD, RBI, Railway, SSC, Civil Services and other Exams.
1. The US team of scientists found the mechanism which is responsible for the ageing process. Where is this mechanism located?
a) Inside the face
b) Inside the skin
c) Inside the brain
d) Inside the heart
Answer: (c) Inside the brain
2. US Scientists at the Harvard University created a robot of the size of fly. What is the name of this robot?
b) Robotic Fly
d) Fly Me
Answer: (a) Robo-Fly
3. The IBM scientists on 1 May 2013 released the smallest movie of the world. What is the name of this movie?
a) Atoms and Their Life
b) A Boy and His Atom
c) Atoms and a Boy
d) The Smallest Atom
Answer: (b) A Boy and His Atom
4. The scientists at the North Dakota State University developed a process called _________ which can help embed the radio frequency identification (RFID) chips on the paper. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Plasma Etcher Process
b) Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Process
c) Electromagnetic Induction Process
d) Laser Enabled Advanced Packaging
Answer: (d) Laser Enabled Advanced Packaging
5. What is the name of six huge wildfires that broke out in California on 2 May 2013 near Camarillo?
a) McNally Fire
b) Camarillo Springs Wildfire
c) Esperanza Fire
d) Cedar Fire
Answer: (b) Camarillo Springs Wildfire