The Union Cabinet on 11 October 2017 approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Belarus for cooperation in the field of Vocational Education and Training (VET).
The MoU was signed between both the sides on 12 September 2017 during the visit of Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko to India.
This is for the first time that India signed MoU for cooperation in area of vocational education, training and skill development with Eurasian country.
Highlights of the MoU
• It will pave the way for systematic transfer of their expertise and knowhow in skilling the manpower specially in manufacturing sector.
• The MoU will be implemented through establishing institutional partnerships between Republican Institute for Vocational Education (RIPO) , an apex institution for development of Belarusian vocational education system and Directorate General of Training in VET delivery & its sustainability.
• Belarus will provide comprehensive transfer of know-how of emerging technologies, training and evaluation methodologies, content development for training of master trainers, competency building of the assessors.
• Belarus will also provide vocational education services for Indian citizens for skill development in the field of construction, electric-power production, manufacturing, trade, auto service and household goods repair, transport, communication, hotels and restaurants.
• Retraining, up-skilling, internship for teachers and trainers of India will be conducted by the Belarusian Side apart from advisory services to enhance planning, management and delivery of Vocational Education.
• The financial arrangement for the co-operative activities undertaken under the MoU will be mutually agreed upon by both the parties.
When: 11 October 2017