Top Picks : National | India Current Affairs , Current Affairs for SSC Exams , Exam Specific Current Affairs , April 2017 Current Affairs , Current Affairs for Civil Services Exam , Monthly Current Affairs 2017 , Current Affairs for Bank Exams
Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, on 13 April 2017 launched Aadhaar Seeding Application.
The Application aims efficient service delivery and widening the reach of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) benefits.
The Application was launched at the 217th special meeting of the Central Board of Employees Provident Fund (CBEPF/EPFO) in New Delhi.
Key highlights of Aadhaar Seeding Application
• The Aadhaar Seeding Application is developed by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation with support of the Common Service Centers (CSC) and CDAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
• The Application is developed in pursuance of the government’s policy for optimum use of information technology for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of benefits to people.
• With the implementation of the Application, Provident Fund member or pensioner can walk in any of the field offices of EPFO or CSC outlets with UAN and Aadhaar and seed the Aadhaar with the UAN.
About Employees' Provident Fund Organisation
• The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation is tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body formed by the Employees' Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
• The organisation is under the administrative control of the Union Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
• It assists the Central Board in administering a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme.
• The Provident Fund Scheme is a pension scheme and an insurance scheme for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India.
• The EPFO's apex decision making body is the Central Board of Trustees (CBT).
• On 1 October 2014, PM Narendra Modi launched Universal Account Number for Employees covered by EPFO to enable PF number portability.
When: 13 April 2017