World this week has been developed for the candidates who are preparing for various competitive exam. These updates covers the important events that have happened in the world and are important for candidates from viewpoint of revising before the exams.
10 March 2014
• India pledges to provide 4500 crore rupees Assistance Package to Bhutan
• World Longest aircraft Airlander unveiled in Britain
• New Zealand decides to hold referendum on changing the National Flag
11 March 2014
• India and United States Energy Dialogue held in New Delhi
• The French company Airbus launches its wholly owned subsidiary in India called Airbus India
• Nepal plans to lease Himalayan peaks to Private companies to boost tourism
• Michelle Bachelet sworn-in as President of Chile for second term
12 March 2014
• HR 5171 A, the largest ever yellow hypergiant star discovered
• Spice jet and Boeing sign a deal worth 4.4 billion dollar
• Panasonic announces pollution compensation for China workers
• Parliament of Libya sacks Prime Minister Ali Zeidan
13 March 2014
• Tomas Halik, a priest of Czech Republic, wins Templeton Prize 2014
• Former Sierra Leone President, Ahmad Tejan Kabbah dies. He was 82.
• World Kidney Day observed across the World
• India offers 1 billion US dollar line of credit to Bangladesh for development of trade facilities and infrastructure.
• Syrian Parliament approves new Election Law
14 March 2014
• The US regulator, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation files a law-suit on 16 of the world’s largest banks for allegedly manipulating the Libor interest rate
15 March 2014
• UK decides to honour the Indian heroes of World War I to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the conflict of World War I that started in 1914
16 March 2014
• The world’s number two Novak Djokovic beat Roger Federer to win the BNP Paribas Open Final in California
• Hsieh Su-Wei and Peng Shuai win doubles title of BNP Paribas Open 2014.