Jagran Josh Logo

Top 10 Sugar Producing Countries Of The World

05-SEP-2017 18:29

Sugar cane is tall tropical Southeast Asian grass having stout fibrous jointed stalks; sap is a chief source of sugar, ethanol and jaggery. The sugarcane producing countries lying between the latitude 36.7° north and 31.0° south of the equator extending from tropical to subtropical zones. Sugar contains glucose, fructose and galactose and it is widely produced from sugar cane and sugar beet.

Sugar Producing Countries

Here, we are giving the list of Top 10 Sugar Producing Countries of the World as per latest report of the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization, FAO Stats.

Top 10 Sugar Producing Countries of the World 

1. Brazil

Production (Int $1000): 23,454,723

Production (MT): 721,077,287

2. India

Production (Int $1000): 10,623,396

Production (MT): 361,037,000

3. China, mainland

Production (Int $1000): 3,448,771

Production (MT): 123,460,500

Top 10 Countries By Milk Production

4. Thailand

Production (Int $1000): 3,168,770

Production (MT): 98,400,000

5. Pakistan

Production (Int $1000): 1,727,002

Production (MT): 58,397,000

6. Mexico

Production (Int $1000): 1,672,929

Production (MT): 50,946,483

Top 10 Rice Importing Countries

7. Colombia

Production (Int $1000): 1,236,257

Production (MT): 33,363,560

8. Philippines

Production (Int $1000): 927,129

Production (MT): 32,000,000

9. Indonesia

Production (Int $1000): 864,979

Production (MT): 28,700,000

Top Crops Producing States of India

10. United States of America

Production (Int $1000): 861,971

Production (MT): 29,235,877

As per latest report, there are more than 120 countries producing sugar on a large scale to meet their own needs and for export most (80%) of sugar is obtained from sugar cane and the other 20% is obtained from sugar beets. In the above list gives the chronological ranking of the sugar producing countries of the World.

All Top 10 GK List

Post Comment
1 Comment

shwet kamal,

Great to see india at this place but it will surely improve to top if sugar industry becomes less political in nature.

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • By clicking on Submit button, you agree to our terms of use
    ajax-loader
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

Newsletter Signup
Follow us on