Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering (BMCE) is named after its founder, the late H H Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Mathews II, the sixth Catholicons of the East and the Malankara Metropolitan of Malankara Orthodox Church. He was also the first Chairman of the institution. This renowned college is managed by Dr. C T Eapen Trust under Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The institution started functioning in 2002 with the monumental objective of promoting academic excellence and competence in students, especially in the fast-growing global domain of Engineering and Technology. Located in the picturesquely beautiful Muthupilakadu in Sasthamcotta in the Kollam district of Kerala, the college stands out for its magnificent buildings and ultra-modern Infrastructure; a fascinating blend of architectural excellence and functional values.
We are committed to the ideals which we preserve as the Holy Grail of knowledge. Baselios Mathews College of Engineering, Sasthamkotta has been a forerunner & prime mover in imparting technical education in God’s own country. Affiliated to University of Kerala, the self- financing Engineering college has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception in 2002. BMCE is nested in the midst of nature which further enhances overall growth across the entire loci.
• To make available, at the baccalaureate degree levels, high quality academic program, that includes general education components which cover a broad range of majors in professional and career field.
• To create a teaching and learning environment characterised by individual attention to students, high quality classroom instruction, thoughtful application of relevant technology, encouragement of life long learning, attention to critical thinking skills, and strict adherence to the principles of academic honesty.
• To render special attention in moulding the character of the student fraternity as a whole,so as to enable to become responsible citizens who can, and will make substantial contribution to the society.
• To establish and manage a professional institution, which promotes academic excellence in students for meeting the ever-growing demand of employing agencies in India and abroad.
• To give a right understanding of the noble heritage and vision of Indian culture and to imbibe into the minds of the students a deep sense of morality and ethical standards so as to develop potential personalities.
• To provide best infrastructural facilities and competent faculty in the Institution.
• To bestow special attention in molding the character of the students enabling them to become responsible citizens who care for the underprivileged in the society.
Affiliated to Kerala University.
Baselios Mathews II College of Engineering, Lake View, Sasthamcotta, Kollam, Kerala-690520