Drishti The Vision Foundation was founded on 1st November 1999 with a clear vision of providing best guidance and study material to the civil services aspirants. Having started with a small class of just 10 students, the institute at present is catering to the demands of more than 2000 students every year in the areas of General Studies, CSAT, Hindi Literature, Essay & Interview etc.
Dr. Vikas Divyakirti, Managing Director of the institute himself has served at the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for some time through his selection in Civil Services Examination, 1996 and has also worked for some months as an Assistant Professor at Delhi University. After resigning from all these positions, he devoted all his potential into developing ‘Drishti the vision foundation’ as a platform which provides all round help to the civil services aspirants.
Our previous results are the testimony to our student friendly teaching methodology, authentic & updated study material, hard work, sincerity and dedication towards the students preparing with us. Hundreds of students have achieved remarkable success with us. Some of them included Top Ranks like Kiran Kaushal (Rank-3), Ajay Kumar Mishra (Rank-5) and Lokesh Kumar (Rank-10).
1. General Studies (GS): The syllabus of General Studies is so vast that it includes almost every branch of knowledge- be it Polity, Economy, Science & Technology, Geography, History, International Relations, Social Issues or Current Affairs. Our strategy for GS guidance programme is based on four points- (1) Clarification of all (basic to complex) concepts, (2) Detailed discussion about the present scenario of the topic concerned, (3) Practice of solving different questions asked previously or probable in future exams, & (4) Lucidly illustrated & fully updated study material. The team of our GS teachers includes those who are well-versed with their subjects, possess exceptional oratory skills and know the exact requirements of the Civil Services Examination. Drishti’s study material is prepared and updated by a team of 20+ members having firsthand experience of this examination. The material is holistically designed to cover almost all the possible areas of GS, coupled with weekly tests and monthly Current Affairs manual.
2. Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT): CSAT has been recently introduced by UPSC. In the near future, many state public service commissions are also going to apply it. The syllabus of CSAT includes Basic Math, Reasoning, Comprehension Skills, Decision Making & Interpersonal skills. Drishti has given emphasis on two points for preparing CSAT- (1) Basic understanding of difficult concepts used in different areas of the syllabus, & (2) Adequate practice sessions for each topic to master it. Best & highly experienced teachers for each segment and weekly test sessions are other important parts of our CSAT strategy.
3. Hindi Literature: Hindi Literature has always been a very high-scoring optional subject in IAS and PCS Exams. In 2011-12 exam also, many of Drishti’s students have scored more than 375 marks (out of 600) which is considered to be a huge score. Students from all backgrounds – be it Engineering, Humanities or Science – find it extremely interesting and easy to understand & handle under the guidance of Dr. Vikas Divyakirti, who has done Ph.D. in Hindi Literature from Delhi University and has also taught there for some time. All the dimensions of Paper I & II in Hindi Literature are covered by him with his lively & thought-provoking interactive classes. All the previously asked questions along with the questions probable in future exams are discussed at length in the classroom so that a new candidate isn’t afraid of facing unseen & difficult questions in the exam. Drishti’s classroom study material of Hindi Literature is quite sufficient to answer all the questions asked by the UPSC.
4. Essay: Essay paper plays a very crucial role in the main examination as it creates major difference in the scores of different candidates. Some of them score as much as 140-150 marks (out of 200) whereas some are able to score only 50-70 marks in essay. Still, this remains the most neglected paper of this exam. In our view, many candidates need proper guidance for developing thoughts in the areas like Socio-Political & Economic Issues; whereas some require help in knowing how to present their ideas in concise, logical and effective way. We have developed a 15-day Interactive Programme to provide effective help in both the areas. This programme is conducted under the guidance of Dr. Vikas Divyakirti.
5. Interview: Interview is the final stage of selection process but many candidates lose their final hopes at this point again & again. The reason is simple- they are either less comfortable with the knowledge & views they are expected to be a master in, or are less expressive to present themselves in to-the-point, crisp, assertive & effective manner. At Drishti, we run a 15 day workshop which caters to both the needs. A brief updation of all relevant issues is presented in the initial lectures. Along with that, various mock interview sessions are conducted to remove the anxiety and bringing out the best expression abilities inherent in the candidate.
6. Correspondence Programme: Our unique study material for GS, CSAT, Hindi Literature and Philosophy is also available for correspondence studies. It is well crafted and regularly updated so that the aspirants who cannot attend the Classroom Session are able to satisfy the demands of the question papers.
7. All India Test Series (GS & CSAT): Without being tested in the exam-like conditions, one cannot be sure of his/her success. This makes this test series a vital component for preparation. We have designed our All India Test Series truly on the lines of UPSC to make the candidates well prepared for the final countdown. This test series is available in both formats- online & offline. It includes questions from various segments exactly in the proportion followed by the UPSC. The difficulty level of different questions is also matched with the trends of UPSC exam. The answer sheets are evaluated by OMR scanners attached with appropriate software in order to reduce time and increase objectivity in valuation.
Drishti The Vision Foundation, 641, First Floor, Dr. Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi-110009
Phone No: 011-47532596
Contact no : 011-47532596