Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov jointly launch ‘Innovate India Platform’
The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation. MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level.
The NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov platform on July 26, 2018 jointly launched the ‘#InnovateIndia Platform’, collaboration between both the platforms.
The #InnovateIndia was launched by R Ramanan, Mission Director of Atal Innovation Mission and Arvind Gupta, CEO of MyGov.
Highlights of the #InnovateIndia portal
• The #InnovateIndia portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation.
• MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level.
• Those searching for a critical innovation can leverage the portal advantageously for the benefit of the economy as well as national social needs.
• The #InnovateIndia platform is open to all Indian citizens.
• The users can view, comment, share, and rate the innovations crowdsourced on the #InnovateIndia platform.
• The users can also view the leader board which is calculated based on the votes on each innovation.
• Citizens can share their, their organizations and even someone else’s innovation on the platform by logging to the MyGov website.
• These innovations can also be shared on various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter.
• With the launch of the platform, citizens will be able to upload and rate their and their organizations innovation on the platform.
• The citizens can access the platform on https://innovate.mygov.in/innovateindia/.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
• Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Union Government's flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
• AIM is mandated to create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
• AIM envisions the creation of a collaborative ecosystem, where students, teachers, mentors and industry partners work to facilitate innovation, foster scientific temper and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs), Atal Incubation Centre and Established Incubation Centre will take the innovations to the market and a network of incubators will help create enterprises around these innovations.
• So far, AIM has already announced selection of 2441 schools across India to establish ATLs covering 93 percent of the total districts in India and 98 percent of the upcoming smart cities.
• MyGov is a web platform that was created to facilitate citizen engagement in good governance.
• MyGov enables the citizens especially the youth to volunteer for specific tasks and projects at grassroots level.
• It will allow the common people to reach the government with ideas and suggestions.
• The platform is managed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS