04.02.15 | JagranJosh.com Alert – Civil Services Exam (सिविल सर्विसेज परीक्षा)
Complete preparation resources for IAS Prelims 2015. Click for details
IAS Prelims 2015 : Study Material
The result of the IAS Prelims 2014 was declared on 14 October 2014 and only around 17000 candidates qualified for the IAS Main 2014 Exams. Around 4.5 Lack candidates appeared for the IAS Prelims 2014 and out of them only 17000 cleared the IAS Prelims Exam 2014.
Click for complete preparation details
Each of the candidates feels that there is dearth of well written, compact and effective Study Material which can be accessed anywhere on the go, can make studies more interesting and provide ore simulated conditions to prepare for the IAS Prelims.
Syllabus of Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
1. Current events of national and international importance.
2. History of India and Indian National Movement.
3. Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
4. Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights
5. Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
6. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
7. General Science
Syllabus for Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving ability
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
7. English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
8. Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.