Railway recruitment cell, East Central Railway, Patna invited application to fill up 2226 posts in Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/-.
Name and Number of Posts:
|S. No.||Name||Number of Posts|
|6.||Safaiwala (med & Sanitary)||57|
|7.||Gr. ‘D’ (Engg.) 322||322|
|8.||Gr. ‘D’ (Store) 36||36|
Pay Scale: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with GP Rs. 1800/- (pay band I)
Closing Date: 10.10.2012 (18.00 Hrs),
25.10.2012 (18.00 Hrs) (For residents of Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep islands)
Minimum Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10th standard or ITI/Centre of Excellence (COE) or equivalent from a recognized educational institution or Board. Those appearing or awaiting results are not eligible.
Age Limit: Minimum: 18 years
Maximum: 33 years (as on 01.01.2013)
How to Apply
• To download the notification, application form and the format of SC/ST and OBC certificates and other declarations format, click
• An application fee of Rs.40/- has to be paid via crossed IPO only drawn in favour of “Assistant Personnel Officer (RRC), Railway Recruitment Cell, E.C.Railway, Patna” payable at Patna.
• SC/ST, persons with Disabilities (PWD)/Physically Handicapped (PH), women, minority candidates (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists & Zorastrians [Parsis]) and candidates belonging to economically backward classes (with family income < Rs.50,000/- p.a.) need not pay this fee.
• Application, in prescribed format alongwith required documents, can be sent by ordinary post to the “Assistant Personnel Officer (RRC), Railway Recruitment Cell, East Central Railway, Polson Complex, Digha Ghat, Patna 800011, Bihar” or dropped into the Application Drop Box available at the office by 10.10.2012 on all working days i.e except Saturday, Sunday and Gazetted Holidays.
• On the envelope containing the application, candidates should also write: “APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POSTS IN PAY BAND-1 + GRADE PAY RS.1800/-”, EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO. RRC/ECR/GP 1800/1/2012. Physically Handicapped candidate should mention ‘PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE’ at the top right side of the envelope.
Mode Of Selection:
The recruitment process consists of Written Examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET) of candidates found successful in written test. Document Verification and Medical Examination will be done for those candidates who clear the PET.
Only those candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions will be called for the written test. Passing the PET is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The number of candidates to be called for PET will be thrice the number of vacancies. Candidates will be called for PET and for Document verification in order of merit in the written examination. PWD candidates are exempted from appearing for PET
For other details visit the official website of RRC, East Central Railway www.rrcecr.gov.in .