Conducted by: AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science)
- About the Institute:
It was instituted by an Act of Parliament and has attained national importance since it introduced very high standards of Medical Education in India and because it covers all aspects of medical education at both graduate and post graduate level.
It has one of the toughest entrance exams in the country.
Year of Establishment: 1952
- Purpose: To shortlist students for their institute
- Cost of Form: Rs 1000 (Also available online)
- Number of seats: 70
- Approximate number of Candidates Applying: 80,000
- Estimated Conversion Rate: .09%
- Eligibility Criteria: Class 12 Pass with a minimum of 60% in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined.
- Date of Examination: 1 July, 2011
- Deadline for Application Submission: 15 March, 2011
- Selection Process: Each candidate is supposed to take a written test.
Duration of the paper: 3 and a half hours
Types of Questions: 200 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and reason assertion questions, 60 questions each on Physics, Chemistry and Biology and a GK section with 20 questions.
Any negative marks? - Yes, awarded for each incorrect answer.
The candidates are selected based on a final merit list which the Institute declares.
View More Information on Entrance Exams.
View More Information on Medical Entrance Exam.